The Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators (ICMC), on the 22nd of September 2019, celebrated her members who were elevated to the rank of SAN and others elected or appointed to different offices. The celebration was the high point of the 2019 ICMC Members Evening and Cocktail, which is a prelude to the 2019 Annual Conference and AGM of the Institute that is billed to hold from 2nd – 3rd of December 2019.
The Institute has a tradition of honouring her members and this year was no exception. The cocktail was organized by the Governing Council of the Institute for Members who have made landmark achievements in their careers as a result of their recent appointment to various positions.
The following members of the Institute were honoured at the event:
-Prof Ogugua Ikpeze, Member, Anambra JSC
– Princess Frank Chukwuani, Board Member, Legal Aid Council
– Chima Nwana, Deputy COS, Imo State.
– Dr. Paddy Kemdi Njoku, Member, Imo JSC.
-Hon. Justice Lazarus Beatrice Iliya, Ag. CJ Gombe State
-Prince Adetokunbo Kayode CON, SAN, FCIArb
– Olumuyiwa Atoyebi, SAN
– Paul Harris Adakole Ogbole, SAN
– Ada Obinna Edozie
– Chief Aniazoka Michael Chukwujeke Zokas, Chair, Industrial Arbitration Panel
– Prof. Adesoji Adesugba, National Legal Adviser, NACCIMA
– Mr. Dele Kelvin Oye, 2nd Deputy President, NACCIMA
– Mr. Godwin Omoaka, SAN
The President, Chief Emeka Obegolu, congratulated the members for their achievements while charging them to remember that they are ambassadors of the Institute and it will be expected that they will use their new statuses to promote the practice and learning of Mediation and peaceful means of dispute resolution.
It was an eventful evening filled with laughter, smiles, and joy.