The President of the Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators (ICMC), Chief Emeka J.P. Obegolu, FICMC, FCIArb, while delivering a goodwill message on behalf of the Institute during the launch of the Arbitration and Mediation Rules of the Janada International Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (JICAM), encouraged the many Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) institutions in Nigeria to support each other.
He stated further that there are over ten (10) ADR institutions in Nigeria alone, he believes that the general hope is for these institutions to leave their mark on the dispute resolution landscape in Nigeria, and contribute to the effective resolution of disputes, and this hope unites us all. He explained that to achieve this united goal, we must see ourselves not as competitors, but as partners in this dynamic field of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
In support of this statement, he announced that the Institute is currently partnering with over twenty (20) ADR institutions in Africa, and beyond, to deliver her first ever African Mediation Conference themed “Transnational Commercial Mediation: Leveraging Options and Intersections in Africa.”
Some of the organizations ICMC is partnering with are;
– Janada International Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (JICAM)
– International Centre for Arbitration and Mediation, Abuja (ICAMA)
– Lagos Court of Arbitration (LCA)
– Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration Centre (LACIAC)
– Abuja Chamber of Commerce Dispute Resolution Centre (ACC-DRC)
– Oyo State Multi-Door Courthouse
– Mediation Training Institute (Nigeria)- Mediation Training Institute (East Africa)
– Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators (East Africa)
– African Arbitration Association
– West Africa Network for Peacebuilding (WANEP)
– International Mediation Institute (IMI)
– Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators
– Kigali International Arbitration Centre
– Nairobi Centre for International Arbitration
– ODR Africa Network
– Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) Nigeria Branch
– Conflict Dynamics (South Africa)
– SEDIN-NICOP, GIZ Nigeria
– Panel of Neutrals
– Pan African Lawyers Union (PALU)
The Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators happily extends a hand of partnership to the many outstanding ADR institutions in Nigeria, and in Africa, to partner with her to interrogate the issues and developments surrounding the business of Mediation and International Commercial Mediation in Africa.
The Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators is the professional body of dispute resolution practitioners with the mandate to regulate the practice of Mediation, train prospective ADR practitioners, and encourage organizations and institutions to adopt Mediation and Conciliation as the primary means for resolving disputes.
The ICMC 2020 African Mediation Conference is scheduled to hold on the 1st of December, 2020, and to partner with ICMC to deliver this conference, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.